Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Next project - a ruffle ra-ra skirt

Okay, so I'm on to my next sewing project.  Samantha has her birthday party coming up soon and if I can pull it off, I plan to make her a ruffle skirt for her party.  (As an aside, I can't believe my baby is turning 4!!)

I am going to make a modified version of the Nie Nie Skirt (by Pink Fig Designs).

Pic from Pink Fig website here
Instead of a full elastised waistband, I am making it flat at the front (like a yoke panel) with an elastised back.  The rest I will adapt as necessary - it's just strips of gathered/ruffled material.  This looks like a pattern that would suit an overlocker perfectly.  But it's all good.  It'll just take a bit more time to hem and finish off the seams with a sewing machine, that's all.

Anyway, the fabrics I am going to use for Samantha are

denim and two quilting cottons from Spotlight
And once I make this skirt for Samantha, I'll also make one for Asha.  The fabrics for her skirt are ...
denim and 2 cottons again
I have cut out all the ruffle strips for Samantha's skirt.  Will start hemming them tonight ... this is going to take some time ... wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment